This is a New In Box Set
Retired by LEGO®
LEGO® produces each set for a limited time, usually 2-3 years. After that they stop selling it and it becomes a retired set. Once a set is no longer available from LEGO® its value can increase if it is highly desired. We strive to offer competitive pricing on retired sets.
Explore the world and beyond at the Research Institute!
The Research Institute has everything that you need to explore the world below, around and above us! Created by real-life geoscientist, Ellen Kooijman (alias:Alatariel), and selected by LEGO® Ideas members (formerly known as CUUSOO), this collection of scenes depicts three varied professions within the world of natural science. Help the paleontologist study the origin of dinosaurs with the magnifying glass, map the skies with the astronomer and her telescope, and assist the chemist as she carries out experiments in her lab. This set also includes building instructions, as well as a booklet containing information about the creator and an introduction to each of the professions featured in the set. There’s a whole world of exciting professions out there to explore – build and role play them to see if they suit you! Includes 3 minifigures: paleontologist, astronomer and a chemist.
- Includes paleontologist, astronomer and chemist minifigures
- Features paleontology, astronomy, and chemistry scenes on a 6x6 baseplate
- Paleontology scene features a dinosaur skeleton, microscope and a magnifying glass
- Astronomy scene features a telescope and a sky chart
- Chemistry scene features a cabinet, tools, bottles and flasks
- Discover new stars and planets through the telescope
- Study the dinosaur skeleton up close
- Concoct new formulas in the chemist’s lab
- Gives a great insight into the world of natural science
- Build the model voted for by LEGO® Ideas members
- Includes building instructions and booklet with information about the creator and professions featured in the set
- Each scene measures over 1” (5cm) high, 1” (4cm) wide and 1” (4cm) deep
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.